Friday, November 30, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I almost forgot, but it's not midnight yet. I was lying in bed, thinking about all the work I have to do this weekend, when I realized that I hadn't written my blog yet. At 11:30 pm I got out of my warm bed, turned on my computer, and began to write my blog. I find myself at a loss of words. I usually write my blogs as soon as I get an idea; however, this week I did not get an idea. That is why I am here now, just before the dead line, trying to find an acceptable blog entry.

The only thing I can even think about right now is school. I am in my fourth year of college, but I am not happily awaiting graduation in May. I have another year to look forward to. I am starting to realize just how hard I am going to have to work to graduate in May of '09. This realization is putting my stress tolerance to the test. It has been difficult to chill out in the present while I am trying to plan the future.

This is a common problem with me. Sometimes, I think so much about tomorrow's problems that I find it hard to focus on today's events. I often have to tell myself to slow down and take one thing at a time. Right now I am exceptionally stressed because I have a lot going on, including finals --- and I know every student reading this right now is feeling that stress. To add to everything going on in my life right now, I am sick. This is such a wonderful time of the year for us college students.

No comments: